Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Birthday Surprise: 17 is Sweeter than 16

Today’s the last hour of my beloved 17th birthday. Last night at 12:00, I went to bed with the confidence that I was indeed 17. Nothing could harm me. I was proved wrong, as 2 hours later, I awoke (for reasons of hunger), and was greeted by 2 beady cockroach eyes. FREAKED me out, and naturally I didn’t want to go back to sleep, which gave me time to think (after I got a bowl of rocky-road ice-cream) about this special day. Most of the thoughts being centered around the cockroach, and what God was trying to tell me through it. By the end of my pondering, I didn’t know anymore than I did before it showed up. What a night. Finally, my fear resided as I felt sleep envelop my senses. Zzzzzz….

8 hours later: I woke to mother walking in my room with birthday presents (which I knew included chocolate, as I checked the night before :D), so I couldn’t just go back to sleep. No way. I opened the gift bag, and therein was an awesome purse, black with silver handles, dark chocolate chip cookies, lindt dark chocolate truffles, and a pink, flower-shaped candle. I became so engrossed in the chocolates (story of my life) I forgot to drink my customary pint of water prior to breakfast! Finally, I tumbled out of bed and made myself coffee…and ate more cookies. Hunger satisfied, we drove to the library to pick out a movie. I couldn’t decide whether Grease or Devil Wears Prada sounded better. I still don’t, but I picked Devil Wears Prada because I’ve never seen it before. And I still don’t know if it’s good or not, because Josh took me to the theatres. Oh, and before I forget: Trina, I will not forget you didn’t remember my birthday, after knowing each other half our lives. “Well, you didn’t tell me…” LOL I didn’t think I’d have to. Well, I was wrong. But I guess I deserved it, as I forgot your last birthday too. And under the circumstances it was, I think I’m the worse friend out of the 2 of us…

December 18:
Phebe: Time to sing happy birthday!
Heidi: For WHO?”

Honestly Trina, I have no idea how I forgot that, because that’s what I went over for! I’m truly sorry, but I will laugh at that for the rest of my life. 2 best friends, forgetting eachother’s birthdays. All I can say is we're getting pretty close to that age where short term memory loss starts interfering.

Photos. While we waited for the movie to start, Josh and I walked around,
and I took photos of him in front of some posters.
Josh: I look good. I mean really good (I'm not trying to make him sound vain, he REALLY said that).
And I have no idea what this one is, but he said he was supposed to be smothering some woman's face...?
-Heidi

2 comments:

Juliet Thomson said...

Happy Birthday darling.

17 was such an awesome age, but such a wretched year. hope yours is better.

i love you to death

Heidi Marie D'Abadie - Trina Marie Noell said...

Hahaha omg I remember that! yeah we're odd friends. I can't believe you got mad at me the next day when i supprised you with brownies and a song.....what the hell lol.

R.I.P Dear Diary -- Our recorded life and thoughts from 2008 - 2009